Getting your suitcase ready for the Galapagos is an exciting moment! For many, it is a moment that the vacation becomes real! Packing for a cruise requires little extra foresight because you will not have access to stores or pharmacies. But do not worry, here essentials and suggestions:
- You need your original passport that must be valid six months after the arrival date in Ecuador. We recommend having good scanned copies of your travel documents stored in your email or cloud. Do not forget to have the documents and contact numbers of your travel insurance, so as the emergency numbers of your credit cards, bank account, and others.
- You need 100 US$ in cash to pay the Galapagos national park entrance fee when arriving in Galapagos.
- Pack light and try only to bring the essentials. The airlines operating Galapagos allow one checked luggage of 20-23 kg (44 lbs) plus one cabin luggage of max. 8 kg (17.6 lbs.).There is enough space to store the suitcase in the cabin or the storage room of the Angelito.
- To help care for the ecosystem, please try to bring biodegradable products for personal care and sun protection, so as refill-bottles that, after the tour, you can take home again. We provide bio soap, shampoo, and conditioner in the bathrooms while on board.
- Do not forget electrical adapters for charging your camera, phone, and other electronics. Ecuador, Galapagos, and the Angelito use American plugs with 110V.